View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 06:42 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All I Want for Christmas...

Not fly fishing and not exactly in the Christmas spirit, so be forewarned.

My father has advanced ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease ). His regular 24 hour caregiver has recently given up and moved off to resume a normal life. So for me, rather than being Dad's part time caregiver, I'm now on 24-7.
My dad's quality of life is zero. He's perfectly, mentally aware and yet can do nothing on his own. I won't go into that too much, but imagine if you couldn't speak, had absolutely no muscle control and had to rely on someone to do every little thing for you. That would be from feeding you and wiping your nose to.... everything else.

This may seem contrary some of your own religious beliefs, but I'd like my father's struggle to be over. It's difficult for us his children to deal with and be assured that he doesn't want to keep on the way that he is. I hate to say it or even think it, but if my father was able to pass on soon, that would be a Christmas gift for all involved
Hopefully I made my point without offending anyone or seeming too selfish or unfeeling. It's a struggle.,