Thread: Bead heads
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 08:18 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Re: Bead heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
I use tweezers made for beads. They have a depression in them that holds the bead in place without a lot of undo pressure. With the beads in a tray it's easy to spot and pick the beads that are oriented with the countersunk hole up.
I then set the bead on the hook which is in the vise gripped by the shank and held hook point up. With the hook point up, the bead stays put until driven home past the barb or barb nub.
I small piece of short napped carpet under the vice helps keep the bead that inevidably falls from travelling very far... most of the time.
I use the tweezers also, you can get them at a craft store or one of the many tying catalogs out on the market. I like your idea about the carpet piece Jackster...

Dan