View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Alaska in early July

I posted this to another Alaska thread and then thought it may be useful here to;

[copy]

I hear you Vance,

-13 here, I went back and dated the thread when I saw the post. Your advice to the member recommending your area guide was right on. I am telling people to wait to the last possible moment before purchasing air fare because of volatile weather conditions like are mentioned on this thread.

Using real time Intel on weather and river conditions prior to spending a ton of money on your dream trip will be a better route to take than shipping along a gun for each hand so you can shoot all those bears who will be after you

I had people from the lower 48 here this past August who had booked air fare in March so there was no turning back. I had hoped that things would dry out by the 10th of August but it only got worse. We had charters out of both Homer & Seward canceled due to high wind & seas and the rivers were up to the flood point. The good news was that I did not have to worry about the depth of the rivers while hauling two fishermen. The bad news was that since they were fly and spin fishing and the fish were on the bottom under 6' of muddy water no one caught any salmon.

When you are planning to come to AK. to fish there are three things that really are going to matter; Weather, Weather, and Weather. Mosquitoes, buy some bug spray, bears, unless you go looking for them you probably won't see one, but weather......................... You can count on that.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;