View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 05:33 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The End of The Line; Discussions on Furlled & Knotted Leaders.

Hi Walter,

I kind of wondered the same thing, as well as the benefits of a furled to knot less tapered leader. I found the video below on making furled (twisted) leaders and decided to give it a whirl. (bad pun not intended.)

After a couple failures, I got pretty good at it and can finish a leader in about 5-10 minutes. And they cost me about 10 cents to make. With the twisted leaders I noticed a gentler presentation with the fly.

But I think, like Shane said, to catch a fish on a fly and leader you made.

Now I have a question that maybe you guys can answer. I've read that furled leaders are better in almost every fishing situation(point of view, I know.) But, what situation would be better suited to use a tapered knot less or level leader? I haven't been able to find any info on that.

I've heard that when fishing with streamers it is better to use a level leader, but that's about all I've heard.

Here is the video:

FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog