View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 06:08 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The End of The Line; Discussions on Furlled & Knotted Leaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
By tying them you can actually create leaders that are quite simple and will work for your own circumstance that you may face on a favorite stream. It is like a mini course in physics because you gain an understanding of how the energy of the fly line is transmitted best to the fly itself. I used to fish nymphs using three at a time and being able to design leaders with two droppers at a chosen pair of blood knots. This was so superior to using snelled flies and surgeons loops in the line that it alone made tying leaders worth while.
Bingo Ard

I just wanted to make sure that these reasons to tie your own leaders doesn't get lost. Especially the highlighted one.
I haven't used a storebought leader in over 20 years