View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 09:04 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alaska's true reality show: salmon or gold mine

National Geographic lost ALL credibility with me and most of the residents of Puerto Rico after they ran an article about the island's culture in 2003: PUERTO RICO HERALD: Is the current National Geographic article on Puerto Rico generally accurate and fair? My wife is a native of Puerto Rico, and we visit the island regularly. The NG article might just as well have been based on a trip to Mars, as it had nothing to do with reality. The link above does not begin to express the outrage voiced by the island's residents, but it gives a hint.

I'll go to a more reliable source for info about the Peeble Mine issue. I have read about it in fly fishing magazines, and it's always dis-heartening to see one natural resource abused to exploit another resource. The unfortunate fact is money talks in these cases, and gold is worth way more than fish right now. Warren Buffet recently made a public comment regarding gold investments, saying that gold is worthless as an investment in an economy, society, etc: it just sits there doing nothing. That sums it up for me.....