View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 02:25 PM

pie314 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Let's Talk About Knives.....................

ahh knives, I think every kid with interest in the outdoors is addicted to them, and some like me never outgrow the addiction.

My first real knife my dad gave me was a kershaw ken onion folder. I use this knife as an everyday utility tool.

As for hunting, my two favorites are knives of alaska, the bush camp and cub bear combo, the bushcamp is a little large for cleaning deer but for butchering it works great. The cub bear is an awesome caping knife and good for fine detailed cutting. knives of alaska are some of the best quality tools I have ever used and they hold a wicked sharp edge.

There are only 2 knives I dont use. A folder from buck called the alpha hunter with a beautiful rosewood insert in the handle. I first saw this knife when I was about 14 and I have always wanted it. My girlfriend got it for my 21st birthday and it has not seen the field, they dont make it anymore so it stays locked up in the gun safe along with one other knife. It was my great grandfathers, given to him as a gift as a young boy. Even then the knife was a hand me down so I can roughly date it to around 100 years old. Its a remington, full tang drop point, about a 5 inch blade. You can tell the handle was hand wrapped leather, its pretty cool. My grandfather had a man make me a custom sheathe out of bear hide he hunted, skun and did all the work himself. Hopefully I can post a picture of it on here someday, if I can ever figure out how.

Brian