View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 10:51 AM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Stupid Question about filling a reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Doc View Post
. . . You really need a spooling machine. There are several on the market and always come in handy when you want to tale the line off. Before I got ine I had some fantastic tangles that took hours to untangle. Worth the price of addmission. Doc
I'm with Doc. After turning what should have been a minor project into a major snarl by unwinding line all over the yard, I too bought a line winder (the Reel-E-Good Line Winder from Cabela's - image below). The extra empty spools this comes with are really helpful for storing line either temporarily or long-term. It also comes with a spool you can take apart in case you want to dispose of the line you've taken off. However, it's nice to have a line winder handy on a long-distance fly-fishing trip for contingencies, and this one is a bit bulky for that.

Would be interested in anyone else's experiences with a particular line winder model and how well it would travel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reel-E-Good Line Winder System.jpg (23.2 KB, 78 views)