View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 02:54 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default A Pair Of Feather Wing Streamers;

It has been awhile since I have posted any ties here. The primary reason is that all my flies are big salmon or trout streamers and not the type patterns that make up the bulk of what our members use. But since we all like looking at pictures I figured there is no harm in a couple.

I had not tied a single fly in December of 2010 so I tied one today the 29th. It is the purple fly, I called the white one the White Ranger so I guess the other is the purple. The white was tied back in October I think and I haven't been at the tying vise much at all this fall. It will be a long winter and I need to replace the flies that got torn up this past year so I know I'll be at it soon.

If anyone has questions about materials please ask and I will post the tying recipes.

White;

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Purple;

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Recipes;

The White one;

Hook: Daiichi 2051
Tag: Thin French Twist tinsel
Tip; Burgundy floss
Tail: Dyed golden pheasant crest, color; claret
Butt: White ostrich herl
Body: Rear 2/3 Black marabou silk front black dubbed fur
Rib: Medium silver oval tinsel
Under Wing: Amherst pheasant tippets
Wing: 4 claret saddle hackle with 2 small JC nails as cheeks / eyes
Beard: Whitting Spey hackle
Collar: Long black Schalappllen

The Purple;

Hook: Same Daiichi 2051
Tag: Flat gold tinsel
Body Black marabou floss
Rib; Gold oval led with purple silk
Wing: 2 Amherst tippets dyed purple over which are 6 large hackle from a black Indian Game Cock cape & JC
Hackle: Goose shoulder dyed same as the Amherst, purple
Collar: Same black schlappllen

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 01-01-2011 at 10:13 PM.