View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 11:39 AM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all
Default Last Skunking Ever Guaranteed.....

Of 2010 anyway.........
The wife's family were in over this weekend and wanted to go shopping on Friday. My wonderful, loving, compassionate wife said that I could stay home if I wanted and do whatever. I decided to take advantage of the free day and the recent warm spell by checking out some C&R water I had never visited before.
I got a very late start to the day since it wasn't till Friday morning that the girls decided to go shopping. I printed off some quick directions and headed out the door quick as I could. It took much longer than I thought it would to get there, almost two hours! Nevertheless I arrived at the trailhead more eager than ever. I got rigged up quickly and up the trail I went.
The area was, as I had been told, beautiful.

I quickly discovered that this was more of an exploration trip than a fishing trip, but I didn't mind. The more fishing I do the more I realize that fishing is more than success. It's about enjoying the outdoors. The beauty of the scenery and wildlife around you. The tranquility of the quiet stream and the innocence of the lone set of deer tracks in the snow. The revelation that I am the intruder. I never saw any evidence of fish and eventually I ended up reeling in my line and just walking, enjoying what i was having the priviledge to experience.
Here are a few pics of the area. Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Hope you enjoyed.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

Last edited by cattech89; 01-01-2011 at 11:56 AM.