View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: "Wish I had known the record" club

Thanks for all your work Dan,

I have talked with a few people about this fish and there are two more pertinent facts to share about the day. I am not positive about the "small" fish in the photo but at the time I weighed both. The smaller fish was either 14 or 15 pounds. That's a nice silver, my scale only goes to 22 pounds and when the big boy maxed it out I just shrugged and said "Must be at least 23lb"

Here's the second part; It took a few years to realize it but I have caught few kings over 30 pounds and most are around 18 - 24 lb in the places I fish. There are always exceptions but most are not huge, when I was looking at some pictures of myself with king salmon that is when it dawned on me how big this silver was. I was alone in the rain, sleeping in a tent 53 miles from anywhere when I took the picture so there was no Glory shot of me holding it. I was also traveling on my KLR 650 Kawasaki and had endured the rain for 6 days already so taking the fish for a ride back to civilization in the rain never crossed my mind. But hey at least I had the camera huh?

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;