View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Problem with putting a loop on m fly line...need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Hodge View Post
i suppose i could just nail knot in a leader and then when its shot, tie in a loop from the butt section...seems like the move
If you've already tried nail knotting on a butt extension and that slipped off, I would expect a leader to do the same. Although the butt of the leader is most likely more like 30, and thus should grip the fly line coating rather than cutting through it.

Another option is to re-create a loop in the end of your fly line. This is done via doubling over the fly line and putting 2-3 nail knots around both sections. After doing so, you'll want to put some kind of sealant on it, especially to keep the trimmed off bit of fly line from hanging on the tip-top.

You could use pliobond-
Click the image to open in full size.

But I would use Loon's UV Knot Sense so it comes out clearer, smoother, and harder- (though it might sink the tip of your line slightly)
Click the image to open in full size.

Note- I still recommend using multiple knots like above, I just added this pic to show how the Knot Sense will cure up.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.