View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 07:32 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cut Throat Trout Pics

OK...no more lurking, it took seeing a few familiar faces for me to hit the keyboard ...beautiful pics by all...the best I can come up with is a hoss cutbow from last fall...wish I had some cutty pics from elk creek in our old front pasture...but dont, they were all little and starving, but super fun to catch on the 7 1/2 ft 4 wt......this is a N. Forker that liked big bugs...I think about a 22"er

Click the image to open in full size.

send me a note DOK & Yat when you got something going...seems like my life is a "tale of two forks"..moving from the N Fork of the South Platte to the North Fork of the Shenandoah...no Denver water board here...but the fish arent as big either...I have been scouting some other waters in West Virginia on the Potomac...water reminds me a lot of cheesman canyon...maybe just 40 million years older...LOL...its called smoke hole near Petersburg...wild brookies& browns, stocker 'bows...caught a few brookies before Thanksgiving...then got just a bit too cold for me...funny thing...same bugs do well here...fez tails,baetis,johns...and even the big golden stones???

Cheesman ( S Platte )...@ dinosaur eggs, early summer

and the Potomac near Smoke Hole( near Petersburg WV)...day before deer season opened up in November...

super clean water's...some really deep pools with some difficult drifts...should be awesome!

will give full report as soon as it fishes well...maybe march...one thing that is pretty cool here...virtually no run off issues...so some early spring angling is in order for sure...

all the best ...also nice seeing some stuff from you all...CN,DOK & Yat...t

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/

Last edited by silvertip8k; 01-03-2011 at 08:49 PM.