View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 02:09 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Good flytying book?

It has been a while since I read "Matching the Hatch", but I remembered it being "eastern USA" heavy. Maybe there were as many western hatches in the book as eastern, but I didn't have that impression. Or, maybe my remember-er is not working properly. The book is awesome and if you have not read it, you should...kindof the Bible of fly fishing entemology. I'm curious as to any suggestions beyond this though because I havn't found any newer sources that were as thorough as his initial undertaking.

The pics "Ernie's" book leave a little to be desired, they are all hand painted by the author I believe and are not the best resource for identification purposes. Also, tying has come a long way since 1955, and it would be nice to have a resource on tying all of these bugs in various stages that wasn't 6 decades old.

Anyone know of a modern day "Matching the Hatch" equivalent?