View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 08:33 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Yellowstone Angler 5wt Shootout

I fished out of George's shop a couple of years ago. They take their shoot-outs very seriously!

I was impressed by the data that they had collected for the previous shoot-out, where the Sage Z-Axis; then a new rod, had just edged the Loomis. George is a consultant for Loomis, so I was surprised to see the Z-Axis on top in that shoot-out; even more surprised to see the Hardy on top - and by a wide margin - in this shoot-out.

My local shop had tested the Hardy earlier this season and all I heard about it was that it was practically indestructible when you put tension on the blank; but I hadn't heard anything about the castability of the rod.

I'm definitely going to be casting the Hardy at the upcoming Fly Fishing Symposium in Somerset, NJ. Coming up at the end of January.

On the contrary, I've heard some really crumby repots on the new Winston BIIIx; particularly from those that fish the BIIx a lot.

Pocono