View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Five Weight All Around Confessions!

Tom: I'm with you in preferring a medium fast over a fast action rod. I just don't like the broom handle feel of some fast action rods. If you go back and re-read what Ard is saying, you will see that he also likes the medium fast rod. In the past couple of years I have been throwing larger streamers like the double bunny and the newer articulated streamers. You will find that a 5 wt is just going to be under gunned for the larger streamers. I have a 5, 6 and 7 wt and for the larger stuff I always go with the 6 or 7 and if it is windy I use the 7.

Davo is a guide out of Jackson Hole, he doesn't post here often but he is a died in the wool streamer fisherman. In the past he used a 6wt rod and this past year has moved to a 7 wt. I'm guessing it is primarily for the wind, but not sure.

Larry