View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 06:49 PM

Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Re: Five Weight All Around Confessions!

I might just be speaking out of my streamer inexperience, but if I were going to fish streamers that required more than a single handed 6wt I think I'd prefer to go to a switch rod which I plan to do also this year anyway.

Duh! I didn't even think about the fact that streamers were thrown with bamboo and glass long before graphite came along so I guess I can safely buy that Redington CT 5wt which I really want since I can get it shipped for $110 and then use my 6wt if I want to throw a little bigger streamers then the 5wt can handle. Then when I get/build my switch rod use it for the big stuff. Or am I just crazy.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.