View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 12:58 PM

Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Re: Five Weight All Around Confessions!

Thanks for all the replies. I have found a Quarrow Big Horn 5wt that I am going to purchase this is the same rod Ard (Hardyreels) has talked about so much, but his is a 7wt. I may purchase a 7wt also. I figure such a strong endorsement from someone of Ard's experience and expertise makes it worth a try especially since he compares it to rods that cost 10x as much and it will cost $78.89 shipped to my door. At that price I can still afford to buy the Redington CT 5wt I like so much as well.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.