View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: most fished river

Hi araitim,

I really should pass this thread and not make a post but I couldn't do that, so................

Before I tell you that I'll never tell, I'll tell you this. My favorite river (maybe not where I go the most, but) is Ship Creek in Downtown Anchorage Alaska. Ship gets King Salmon and also has more people fishing than there are fish in the water. Once you learn the ropes you can catch nice bright salmon without spending many an hour driving or flying to a place to fish. Telling someone that they can find fish in Ship Creek is like telling them they can find frozen pizzas' at Safeway.

I'm the kind of fellow who spends as much time searching for places where I can avoid being crowded as I do fishing. Where I fish crowding can mean just one other boat coming into the mouth of a creek that I have driven my river boat as far as 100 miles to reach. I have a favorite river or creek in a lot of places but they didn't get to be favorites because I get skunked every time I go there. Something I learned as a little kid was that telling people you know a good place was a sure way to find them there on your next trip and they usually bring friends. If you have read any posts from me on this forum then you know I have things to say but making an announcement about where I fish the most would happen right after the water boarding sessions, maybe.

I had to say it,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;