View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 12:42 AM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Bridgeport Valley lakes?

the area you are talking about is about an hour north of mammoth lakes. mammoth lakes/mammoth mountain is a hub of outdoor activities. in winter, mammoth mountain is great for skiiing. in summer, it's used for mountain bike runs. the entire area has such great water to fish its a bit of a mecca for flyfishing and the town of mammoth itself hosts several flyshops. hot creek, west and east walker rivers and the owens are nearby. the san joaquin river is also nearby. and of course many lakes. highway 395 runs north and south through the area. if you search for mammoth flyfishing reports, you should find some information. the web site 395.com is also a good starting point.

i visited the area last season, just wanted to see what twin lakes looked like. it was so windy only 1 or 2 boats were out and i think they were headed back in at the time. beautiful area. many small streams to fish too. i could have spent a month in that area and found new water to fish.

eric
fresno, ca.