View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 03:30 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: most fished river

Pretty easy call for me: The Rogue River here in Southern Oregon for just all-round fishing. Resident trout (Rainbow and Cutt's), three (separate) runs of Pacific Salmon and 2.5 separate runs of Steelhead.

We have Spring and Fall runs of King Salmon, Fall run Coho, Summer run Steelhead (actually two different groups of fish) as well as Winter run Steelhead.

Add to this a very small population base (spread over 60 miles of the upper river) and you've got a lot of 'elbow room.' Or for me, a 5-8 minute drive to good water ......

For shear fun and games (beauty and fish) I'd have to give actually give the nod to the Fly only water of the North Umpqua or the lower Deschutes.

fae