View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 11:07 AM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The End of The Line; Discussions on Furlled & Knotted Leaders.

Hi Everyone
I started making Furled leaders a few years ago & kind of really got into it. I tried all types of materials & tapers. I got advice from the furled leader site & experimented some more. I even made a fairly elaborate furling board so I could experiment with different tapers. I gave samples to a lot of friends & asked for opinions. After about 100 or so leaders I found my favorite material to be " Cortland Camo xtra soft 2# & about 5" in length for general trout fishing. I've used them for Landlocked Salmon, Trout, Bass, & I've even used them in the Bahamas for Bonefish. I'm going to Chile next month & will supply the group of friends I'm going with with Furled leaders.
The only problem I've had is that they picked up sone slime while bass fishing around pads.
I put a Shorb loop on the Line end & either another Shorb loop or a Tippet ring on the other end.
I'll make a deal with the firs 20 of all you skeptics....Promise me that you'll make a MIN $5.00 DONATION to your Local Trout unlimited & I'll send you a sample leader by the end of Feb. Honor system Guys....
Sound good ... In the past I've gotten a lot of good info & help from this board & I'm willing to help you & T.U along
PM me
Neil