View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Redington CT (Classic Trout)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjcordray View Post
Just curious. How would any of you compare/contrast this rod to other comparable rods: TFO Lefty Kreh Professional and Ross Worldwide Essence FC. Sometimes for me it is little things like reel seats, grip size/shape, finish, customer service, etc. Don't know if anybody had any experience with these others.

Thanks for the review Big Cliff and others.

Gary
Compared to the TFO Pro, I find it a bit softer/slower and lighter. I think the TFO Pro will be more impressive casting in a parking lot, and the CT better to fish on the water all day. The whole blank will also have a gloss finish, compared to the Pro's matte finish. My CT has slightly better cork than I generally see on the Pro rods. Also, it comes with a tube and sock.

The only Ross rod I've cast was a 6wt Flystik, and I thought it was a dud. Kinda pretty, but just didn't play well with me.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.