View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 03:04 PM

Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Re: Allen Fly Lines ?

I only have experience with their WFF lines, but in my opinion they are excellent. I wouldn't put them up their with RIO, but when it comes to the WWF I will only use Allen & Co fly lines. As RIO and others are not enough better IMO to warrant paying more.

His reels on the other hand I like as well as the Abels I used to own, which IMO is saying whole lot. Justin's (Allen & Co) reels are top notch and I'll find out soon whether the same is true for his Nano Ti fly rods. However I assume they are just as good.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.