View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 08:25 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dont know what to do??

Quote:
Originally Posted by popperfly View Post
I am in the market to buy a new rod for Steelhead & Northern Pike fishing; I have been doing a lot of reading and still don’t know what direction to go, so I am asking for everyone’s opinion. What manufacture and rod weight would you recommend??
Thanks...
Here are some questions to think of.

How many rods do you want to have?

What kind of platform will you be fishing from? Wading? Boat?

Do you want to fish a single handed rod or a two hander?

What manner of techniques will you be fishing? Strip? Swing? Indobobbicate?

What types of flies will you be using?

If you just want one rod for now and don't want to think too hard, just get yourself a nine foot eight weight. It will cover both your needs.

As for brands, I am partial to Sage, but there are many other quality brands on the market at every price point. I would stick with the major players since they are best with their warranties just in case something goes wrong.

MP