Thread: head lamps?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 03:20 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: head lamps?

I have had a petzl head lamp for years, they are great

On one occasion I was in a new spot, it was a flatish braided river. well a rise started just before dark and I thought heck Ive got a light Ill be right.
When the rise stopped it was well dark (alot more than it should be i thought in the south where Im from it wont get that dark you cant find your way around). well I put my light on and on the shingle bed (river gravel) every direction looked the same so I started walking up stream and getting the feeling that I was screwed the truck was some distance from the river and I was not going to just come accross it a real sence of panic started in me, eventualy I found it but it was just luck it was late dark and very cold

From that time on I have carried a powerful spot light (it is 18 high power LEDs with 6aaa batterys lasts 2hrs) that will reflect off the truck at 1/4 mile (that is how I found it but at 40 ft).

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD