Thread: head lamps?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 08:29 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: head lamps?

I fish at night all the time. I don't use a head lamp, but I carry two flashlights. A thumbnail sized single LED on a zinger in a pocket, in my vest and a mini-mag on a cord around my neck.
The last thing you want is to walk around with a light on, alerting the fish to your presence and ruining your night vision.
When you need to check your fly or fix a tangle, turn around, exit the water if possible, and use the smallest amount of illumination to do the job, a red lense with help to save your night vision.
When it's time to go, use the larger light to find your way.
You could use a head lamp if that's convenient for you, for for me it would be it the way for the majority of the night