Thread: head lamps?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 08:30 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: head lamps?

I began using one of the type that strap around your about 6-7 years ago. I was doing a lot of smallmouth fishing on the Schuylkill River, and had to hike about 3/4 of a mile to get to the good spots. It doesn't sound like much, but there is a lot of debris along that stretch, and walking in the dark it tough. That light eventually gave out, and I bought a Princeton Tec model. Much nicer, and much more bright at half the size. That light was made in the USA, but the newer models are now made in China. I buy U.S. made products whenever possible, so I can't recommend the Princeton Tec unless there isn't an alternative. I can recommend carrying a head lamp in your vest, however.