Thread: head lamps?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 09:41 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: head lamps?

The hat lights I like that bass pro shops carried, they don't have now - after I gave two away to friends. The have some cheap lousy ones now.

Off the point slightly but important for boat fishermen - is "Q" beams, available at Marine Supply places - like West Marine.

I carry two "Q beams" at all times on the boat in case one dies, because I usually don't come in till after dark. I cut the cigaretter lighter plug end off and solder closepin clips on the wire ends to clip directly to the boat battery. These are indispensable and about like the high beams on a car. Without them, finding channel markers and reef buoys would be a very slow ordeal if even possible. Finding the "head pins" which have blinking lights on them is hard enough even when you know where they are roughly.

Cheers,
Jim