Thread: head lamps?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 01:51 PM

rangerrich99 has much to be proud ofrangerrich99 has much to be proud ofrangerrich99 has much to be proud ofrangerrich99 has much to be proud ofrangerrich99 has much to be proud ofrangerrich99 has much to be proud ofrangerrich99 has much to be proud ofrangerrich99 has much to be proud of
Default Re: head lamps?

Energizer. I actually carry a minimum of two headlamps and a small maglite with me when I have to hike into an area. Had a disconcerting experience with a cheap hatlamp in mountain lion country 3 miles from camp last year. I made it back after two hours, was tripped four times by unseen underbrush, and it was probably just nerves, but I thought I was being stalked for an hour.

That was the last time I set off into the brush without at least two lights and a sidearm.

The Energizer headlamp is an adjustable forehead light, uses three AAA batts, has five settings, including a red light, and the full power setting throws a huge amount of light for flashlight distances from 5 large LEDs. Inexpensive as well, if I remember correctly.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark