View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 07:17 AM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice
Default Re: Moving to NM from the UK

Welcome...

I am partial to Norther NM because I grew up there. The San Juan was surprisingly busy this fall as Larry said. That being said we got into some really nice fish (of course my ability to put a fish in the net paled compared to the landing mastery of Larry... ) (if you get a chance I recommend asking any on this site to partner up for a fishing outing. Truly there are great people here)

There are tons of good fly fishing spots from ABQ. Van Beacham wrote a detailed book on Fly Fishing NM. In Toas he has a wonderful guide service and fly shop. The people are very friendly. Fly Fishing in the Taos NM area, also Colorado and Wyoming Follow this link to see all the publishing Van does Van Beacham's Solitary Angler Publisher Profile - iContact Community

Another more public water Toas shop is Full Service Fly Fishing Shop & Guiding Trips / Taos Fly Shop - Taos New Mexico

I haven't fished near Santa Fe but it is within 45 minutes of drive time.

Good luck and enjoy NM. I hope you like spicy foods
CritterGetter