View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tiers: Whip Finish- Tool or Fingers?

Gordon, I really should try that. My last super glue was the "Krazy Glue" in the plastic tube and it took some maintenance just to make it work every time. the cheap multi packs sounds like a better way to go.

Mike, that one's definitely a Matarelli style, although it looks like there is something on the diagonal section of the arm that I've never seen before. I only know the difference between the two main types because the first one I bought was a Thompson, the other style, and I found it more frustrating to use than any other tool I have ever attempted.

Salmo I will say that the improvement of whip-finish tool over fingers will not be anywhere near as noticeable as the improvement you noticed with the bobbin over a clothespin. I'm still trying to figure out how exactly you did that!

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.