View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 08:56 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what fly for shad????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdncr View Post
Now that's a traditional shad fly, MP! I suppose you could tie that pattern in about any bright color and do well. Aren't there big runs of shad that folks actually target? I seem to recall the Sacramento River has a big run every year. Never tried eating one, but have been told they smoke pretty well.
The Sacramento River and its tributaries have huge runs of American Shad. I usually fish the Sacramento River just upstream of Sacramento in late April. I will fish the lower stretches of the American River through Sacramento County in May. Late May into June, I fish the Lower Yuba east of Marysville.

MP