View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 10:14 AM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Upper Peninsula Brook Trout fishing 2010

AWESOME!!! I am a brook trout chaser myself, but most of mine is done in PA. My biggest was last year was caught on the Ausable in MI; 12" during the hennie hatch. I am envious of you who live closer to the UP brookies. I plan on going back this summer to the UP, but having only been there once I need some advice. The only place I have fished was the Yellow Dog, we stayed 3 days and never explored anything because the fishing was so great. We ended up catching 40 or so brookies under the "yellow dog bridge"
(at least thats what the others called) during an evening hatch. A rise at every cast; it was absolutely amazing. I would like to have another experience like that, good water and alot of fish. Sorry but I just cant afford to pay for guided trips or I would look you up, but I would take any advice you are willing to give as to where to go.

We got out of the car at the FOX and the east branch of the Tehquamenon but were devoured by swarms of misquitos! We left for higher ground and found alot less misquitos near Big Bay!