Thread: NW Pennsylvania
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 07:15 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NW Pennsylvania

NW PA fishing is sparse, and he is right about most of the big trout destinations in NW PA being put and take. The few places I go often are not by any campgrounds that I know of. Just my opinion; I'd stay in MI. There are good campgrounds all over the Ausable! If I were to go to PA I would get further towards central PA and go to Penns Creek, or Fishing Creek. I have fished both of them and they are pretty good trout fisheries. They are also both larger and most likely have campgrounds close by.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

I do enjoy the 6" trophy brookie, but that is often alot of mapwork, driving and footwork, sometimes with no returns at all. Check out paflyfish.com for some information.