View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 11:12 AM

Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Buying Fly Fishing Gear Online Shipping Charges

This might be petty...but why is it that a relatively small shop in my area can afford to a website and charge No Sales Tax or Shipping regardless where you live and regardless the dollar amount of your order on web site purchases.

However, others give free shipping on orders over a certain dolar amount the average in my experience being $100, some over $50 and one that I know off you have to spend over $3.

Yet still others including huge companies like Cabelas charge shipping on everything except for special promotions and even then you usually have to spend $100 to get free shipping.

Sometimes I don't mind reasonable shipping charges, but other times they are like finger nails on a chalk board. Like paying parking fees in a facilites parking lot that I also have to pay to get into the facility as well. I'll park a ways away and walk in or not go.

Now I also feel the need to say when the gear you are buying is already heavily discounted or of much higher value then what is being charged such as in the case of Allen & Co I do mind paying reasonable shipping charges.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.