View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 11:47 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Broken Rod Poll; Edited, New Catagory added.

Funny story...
I have never broken a rod myself (knock on wood) but I almost broke another guys rod up in Michigan. I was cruising down some sand/grass two tracks on the North Branch of the Ausable and 4 wheel drifted over a dune (not really, just thought I'd add some excitement; I was creeping along in my Yaris trying not to bury those monster 14" wheels in sand) and pulled over to pass a jeep parked on the left of the path. Apparently Biker Dave (as they call him in Grayling, he's some kind of local celebrity??? everyone seemed to know who he was) had laid his bamboo down across the road to go use the little boys room in the woods. I was about 5 seconds away from snapping that pretty rod into three peices when he came charging out from behind the Jeep to save it!!!!

I'm quite surprised that I never broke one of my TFO's. I was intentionally brutal on those things because I knew that I could get it fixed for $25. I horsed alot of snags out on 4x and never broke one. They have been pretty durable.