Thread: Basic
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 12:59 AM

DMiller09123 will become famous soon enoughDMiller09123 will become famous soon enough
Default Basic

Hey everybody,

This spring I was helping my grandfather clean out his garage and I came across a fishing pole. At the time I thought it was just really old pole, I ask my grandfather about it and he introduced me to fly fishing. It turns out he had a real passion for fly fishing when he was my age and now he is giving his stuff to me. My grandfather is limited to his mobility so he can’t teach me how to fly fish. He gave me some tips and now I am on my own.

I practice at the lake on the weekends and in my back yard on weekdays. My problem is I don’t know much and I want to know a whole lot more.

Now on casting I read in a different thread that people can cast there whole line out, is this true, because I can only get about 20 yards out. Is there a special technique?

Also, my grandfather gave me a bunch of flies. He said they were size 12 and they were for pan fish. To tell you the truth, I've grown up on Lake Wawasee, and I have never heard of a pan fish. (Please explain) Also, what size of a hook would be good for bass? (Small or large)

Thank you very much for your time,
Dan Miller
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fly Fish Print 2.jpg (15.7 KB, 22 views)