View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 04:08 PM

Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Re: Closing Waters to Sportfishing in Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
They all seem to be political appointees that are making decision about things they know nothing about. It is true there are Fish and Game scientist who can provide date if they would use it.
Frank, because of my position within CA. State Government, which I'll not reveal, I know that these commissioners are exactly that. These commissions are just a means that the Governors who appoint the commissioners use to give 6 figure income jobs to termed out or voted out legislators whom they owe favors or to large financial contributers to their compains for Governor. These typically former legislators and financial benefactors more often than not have zero experience or interest in the subject matter of the commsssions to which they are appointed.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.