View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 12:05 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question - tippet material

If you are using a FURLED leader, I would "PERSONALLY" use a regular FLUORO line in 8lb, 10lb, etc. what ever pound you think you will need.
I am sorry but I don't see a noticeable sinking on Fluoro, but maybe that is just me.
TIPPET is going to be a smaller diameter than regular fishing fluorocarbon, and a lot more expensive. Where you will be using the big stuff anyway I would save a few dollars and buy the regular line like VANISH, SEAGAR, P-LINE, etc, but be sure it is 100% fluorocarbon and not coated as the coated turns white.
Just pull of however many feet you want and put a Perfection loop in it and attach to the furl.

Also, remember that Fluorocarbon does not disintegrate so pick up all pieces and dispose of it.