View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 10:02 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Favorite Winter Fly Swap

Bumping to the top, and throwing in a reminder for all the new folks on the list, everyone is welcome to play in the swaps, there are no restrictions on how new or old a tier you are (lord knows they put up with some of the junk I have tied in the past). So, if your a beginning tier, but are sitting back because you are worried about quality or the only thing you can tie so far is a wooly bugger, jump in on these swaps! I am willing to bet we all still fish wooly buggers (I know I do), and you will get a dozen different flies (at least) when the swap is all done!

I have caught (and released) some big fish on flies I have gotten from the swaps, I have gotten better and faster tying patterns I use all the time, I have learned to experiment with materials, techniques, etc all because of the swaps. AND, these swaps are great for honing your fly tying skills - put a dozen of the same fly together in a short period of time and see how much different the first is from the last - you might surprise yourself.

Dave