Thread: Hub City Tyers
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 02:59 PM
TJ Rowden will become famous soon enoughTJ Rowden will become famous soon enough
Default Good to hear from you . . .

Steve and Hideaway . . .

Thanks for the quick responses. Yes, I'm located in Lubbock, TX and the Hub City Fly Tyers represent the first group I've heard of locally; looking forward to meeting you all this Saturday!!!

I got started with cold water rivers in UT, taking up nymphing almost exclusively at first for browns, bows, cutts, etc. (the occasional, unexpected, but hard fighting whitefish included). Then I had a chance during a summer and spring to experience caddis and BWO hatches and loved it. Now if I see the water moving (surface and even sippers) I'm trying to build the skill and broaden my experience. If not, I usually go surface patterns with droppers and/or down deep. Any-hoo . . .

As for tying, looking forward to sitting with those who tie upwing patterns well and learning. As for nymphs and various simple spun deer hair patterns (, I'm looking forward to sharing with those who have the interest and -- as always -- learn more.

Take care and thanks again for the response gents.

Te vas por la sombrita