Thread: Hub City Tyers
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 02:59 PM

TJ Rowden will become famous soon enoughTJ Rowden will become famous soon enough
Default Good to hear from you . . .

Steve and Hideaway . . .

Thanks for the quick responses. Yes, I'm located in Lubbock, TX and the Hub City Fly Tyers represent the first group I've heard of locally; looking forward to meeting you all this Saturday!!!

I got started with cold water rivers in UT, taking up nymphing almost exclusively at first for browns, bows, cutts, etc. (the occasional, unexpected, but hard fighting whitefish included). Then I had a chance during a summer and spring to experience caddis and BWO hatches and loved it. Now if I see the water moving (surface and even sippers) I'm trying to build the skill and broaden my experience. If not, I usually go surface patterns with droppers and/or down deep. Any-hoo . . .

As for tying, looking forward to sitting with those who tie upwing patterns well and learning. As for nymphs and various simple spun deer hair patterns (http://www.fishwest.net/utah/flybox/...lil_caddis.htm), I'm looking forward to sharing with those who have the interest and -- as always -- learn more.

Take care and thanks again for the response gents.

TJ