View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 08:35 PM

Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Had the Pleasure of Meeting MoscaPescador Today!

I went to the Sacramento International Sportsman Exposition and worked the California Fly Fishers Unlimited booth for a while then did a little browsing. While checking out the booths I noticed the shop that MP works out was there next to the casting pool so I dropped by and sure enough he was there. He showed me a couple different chest packs as I've been thinking of getting one, but haven't been able to make up my mind which one. I'm thinking this season I'm going to down size. I might even try using a fishing shirt and lanyard. I didn't stay and talk long since he was working, but well hopefully one day we can spend some time on the water.

While at the show I picked up a couple travel rod tubes, pretty cheap from California Fly Shop and a information on a couple destinations I like to go fishing. I also bought a subscription to California Fly Fisher Magazine and attended a couple seminars. All in all it was a very good day.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Last edited by FlyBum; 01-23-2011 at 11:21 PM.