Thread: 2 springs ago
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: 2 springs ago

Hi Spinner,

The first think I would do is go up in leader size. I would try an 0X instead of your 2X. You might even try a 4' to 6' piece of 20lb mono. This may be a good spot for a fluro leader. The fluro will give you more abrasion Resistance and the 20lb leader would be less obtrusive than regular mono.

Next I would try to fish around the perimeter of the stump instead of under it. See if you can entice the fish to come out for the bunny. You don't say what rod you are using but you might want a stiffer rod. When you get a take you need to horse that fish out away from the stump. If you are fishing a 3wt to 5wt you might want to try a 6wt to 8wt. This all assumes you have a real lunker there and it is going to take some horse power to get it away from the stump.

Frank