View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:32 PM

bconthefly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cancun fly fishing guide

I was searching the net for my upcoming trip to Playacar and came across this thread and decided to join and add my 2 cents. Hello all!!!

Hi MVFLY, I booked Rodman Hunter a couple years back for a half day on the lagoon. From my experience I thought Cpt. Rodman was very professional and a highly skilled angler. All of his tips and techniques were very helpful and he tried to get me into fish. Though the fishing was quite slow that day, I did get into a baby Tarpon, some mangrove Snapper and a baby Jack. Because our time on the water was slow that day Rodman kept us out for a full day. Regardless of the lack of action I caught the fish I'd aimed for (baby Tarpon) I was more than happy, I also took a couple Snapper back to the hotel and the kitchen cooked the for dinner that night. The wild life and scenery were beautiful and the overall experience was excellent. Clean boat, nice boat, good gear and tackle and a great guide. I brought my own gear as I prefer to fish my stuff. My b Tarpon was caught on a blue/whit popper. I've added a few pics.. Enjoy

Click the image to open in full size.