View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 11:08 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sight fishing or blind fishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
The way my friend Phil and I play is it then becomes the next guys turn. We have a certain spring creek we fish where we wade upstream stalking. If the guy up misses a take, gets hung up, catches a fish or does anything else but lay out some decent line, it's game off and the next guys turn.
Heckling and badgering is not only expected but encouraged!
Isn't this how it's done everywhere?

Kelly.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

In the upper left portion of the following photo the water over the weeds is only about 12-inches to 24-inches and in the evenings the big browns move into this area to feed at will. We call it "Tortuga Flats" and the sight fishing for these beasts is the most incredible thing I've ever experienced. My favorite fly is a size 10 (no typo) amber scud. I find a "tailing" fish and try to determine which direction he's moving and then drop the fly just off of his shoulder and a bit behind him. Usually the fish will turn at the sound (sometimes he'll spook at the sound ) and then he's all over that scud. Hold on and keep your hands and feet inside at all times!

Click the image to open in full size.

Kelly.