View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alaska in early July

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxer View Post
Larry,
It would be on my "bucket list" if I were younger, sounds like the ultimate Steelhead stream.
Thanks for the feedback, the TV show was in the series "Seasons On The Fly", several filmed in AK. If you haven't seen them, imagine
you, and Frank would enjoy the series. Paul
Paul: I recall seeing that episode now that you mention it, and yes I really enjoy watching the episodes on Seasons on the Fly. It sure looked like a great little stream and the steelies are huge! I think there was a cabin in one of those scenes, looked more like my style of fishing that river. The college student did that trip on the cheap, all it really cost was the airfare, he had a friend with a contact down there that was willing to pick their group up at the airport and drive them out to the river and a week later come pick them up, can't get much cheaper than that. The contact didn't even know these guys, but was willing to help them out! Pretty cool!

A friend of mine had an ATCO trailer setup on an abandoned gravel runway north of the Brooks Range that we used a couple of times while hunting/fishing. He was using a 100 lb propane bottle for the indoor grill and lighting so it was easy to warm the inside after being in the cold all day. Getting out of the wet and cold after hunting/fishing all day in the rain is always nice.

Larry