View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Big Flies and Sink Tips

Have you ever gotten the problem solved? When thinking on all of the years that I fished the No Wading section of Spring Creek where a back cast was often impossible I realize that I was using a single Spey style cast and doing it with a 9' 5 weight. I fished the rod on that creek for 15 years using a WF 5 floater with a 48" lead head on the end of the line. On the lead head I had 6 - 8' of eight or ten pound leader with a size 2 or 4 Answer (feather wing streamer weighted with copper wire) and was able to get hung on the opposite side of the widest channels regularly. What worked for me may not be your cup of tea. You need to find a style of cast that will do what you need. When you find it, someday you'll discover that someone named it 50 or more years ago and now you know how to do it.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;