Thread: Cased Caddis
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 04:42 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cased Caddis

I have seen them tied many ways including the rocks glued, but I have also seen it tied by wrapping a lot of hackle then trim it square.

I have one that I have had great success with. It starts off with a small streamer hook, a black tungsten bead, then I combine a bunch of different colored dubbing and wrap about half way up the hook. The I tie a small chunk of foam (yellow or orange) to the back of the hook and have it extend slightly past the bend. Then I put a partridge feather and soft hackle it around the foam (this is all at the back of the hook, by the bend) Then I finish the dubbing on down the shank. The foam and the hackle should give the appearance of a caddis breaking out of the case.
I will tie one up and post it. It works surprisingly well!