View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 08:57 AM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Medium priced reel ($200-$300)

I have handled both; but only fished with the English made LA. The English made battenkill LA feels far superior; the metal is quite a bit thicker etc. I liked it in the trout size. The new model felt VERY cheap and flimsy; the spool flexed pretty easily. Not sure that I would trust that, I think they tried to make it too light. The offset drag on the English battenkills is a rather small disc; I'd be crossing my fingers if I ever saw too much backing flying off of there and wanted to crank it down.

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

You can get a Galvan Rush-8 for $290 maybe even cheaper. It is the same drag as thier top of the line Torque, and they are very smooth.